Native Wanderer-The Idea
The idea for this website began after I took the plunge and bought a DSLR camera a few years ago. I soon realised that the camera had given me reasons to go out for walks and go discover new places. Before this point, I rarely stopped to observe the world around me or be creative because I was so busy working a full time job, being a mother, a wife, and all the other stuff that goes with family life. I just did not have time, and life was rushing by.
Photography has become my way of slowing down, getting out of the house and being more present in the moment (or mindful) without being too woo woo. And it is also my way of being creative.
Photography has given me reasons to:
- To explore new places within my own country ( and that is where the name ‘Native Wanderer’ comes from!)
- To travel to more but travel slowely, discovering places from a more local perspective (Native Wanderering! )
- To document life and create stills of those moments in time to remember forever.
Native Wanderer was created as visual space to spark creativity through photography
Native Wanderer: The photography
Native Wanderer is a visual collection my images that will hopefully spark some interest in photography as a creative pursuit. These images range from:
- Wide open landscapes to upclose detail of flowers & nature
- Of buildings & interiors, old and new
- Of food & still life
Native Wanderer: Your Part in this Visual Creative Journey??
Photography is a simple way that anyone reading this today can be creative.
Just use your camera phone.
And Go Create Now…….
Take your own photos, capture your ‘own’ Native Wander Moments of:
- places you discover along the way.
- things your create or make.
- something that inspires you.
- or just a moment in time.
You may decide over time you would like to share your images with friends and family or use social media to share them to a wider audience. Or share them with us on Instagram using the hastag #nativewanderermoments .
So start where you are, you don't have to travel too far to explore mountains, lakelands, shorelines, local food, native flora and fauna, cities and towns and their history. They are all there waiting to be explored & shared .<br />
Join Our Journey
Native Wanderer is a creative photographic journey and we would like you to join in and make it yours too.
Use our Hastag #nativewanderermoments on Instagram when you want to share your ideas on cool places you have discovered on your journey.